1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

should i change my springs and shocks on my 98 1500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Keep_It_Clean, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Keep_It_Clean

Keep_It_Clean Junior Member

I have a 98 dodge ram 1500 2 door ext cab long bed 4x4 with the 360. I am putting on a 7.5 western plow. I just put the mount on with little problems.

It looks like no one has ever changed anything in the front end. I was wondering what others were running on their trucks. I have seen that some have gone to the 2500 and 3500 springs but no one has mentioned if they upgraded their shocks or if they keep them the same.

If anyone has any thoughts please let me know.

Keep it Clean
  2. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

it wouldnt hurt to change the springs but shocks if it were me i would just change per theyre mileage
  3. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

i have 3/4 ton v10/diesel springs on my '01 1500, went with skyjacker hydro7000 shocks. great setup and rides as smooth...as...well.... a truck should. i have an 8' hd fisher mm1 on mine and the trucks front end drops about 1/2" at most.