1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I Buy?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by te snow, Feb 18, 2009.

1. te snow

te snow Member

I'm not new to the industry of plowing but would like input so I know if I am about to make a good decision. I am considering purchasing a used western ultramount 8' pro plow for $3,700.00. The person it's being purchased from says that it was only used for a one day this season. I have seen it and believe he is telling the truth. It includes the nighthawk headlights and all hardware needed to mount on a Ford F250 1999-2004 and Cab Command Controller. I have'nt been told if the wiring harness is included but I was only wanting the plow for a spare. I would sell the other items (mount, controller, and wire harness if recived) to recover some of the money. Do you think this is a good idea? :confused:
    Your opinion is much appreciated.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

if it truly is that nice and you will know then it sounds like a pretty good deal. I would offer him 3100 and go from there.

3. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

might wanna see what you can get just the plow for and let him deal with selling the rest. just a thought.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Sounds a little high to me seeing it is close to the end of the season. Hard to say for sure since we can't see it tho.