1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I buy this truck ???

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sealer People, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

Hi everyone,
    Im looking to buy a newer truck for the use of snow plowing aswell as my summer work as my contracts have gotten somewhat better.( nothing to write home about)

I currently have a 96 chevy 2500 4x4, 6.5 turbo.
    I just did alot of work to it, including the injection pump, harmonic balancer, glow plugs,
    front brakes, coolant lines, batteries, alternator, starter, major front end work. & thats pretty much it.
    The truck has 315,000 kms. Right now it looks & runs very nice.

Theres a guy not too far from me who's selling the following truck,

2003 Chevy diesel, dually, 4 door, loaded (no leather), 4x4. I dont think its ever been plowed with. The kilometers are: 115,000 kms. Automatic. Long Box.

In canadian currency, he's asking for $22,000.00 & I dont think he's negotiable.

Are there any known problems with this truck that anyone knows about that I may run into with it ??

Is the truck worth the money ?

I dont really want to buy something with known problems & spend even more money on repairs like I did above.

A friend of mine just bought a 2004 Ford 350 dually with a 6 litre,,, he wishes he never did as its costing him alot of money in repairs already not to mention the down time.

Any advice, opinions etc. would be great