1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

should I buy this truck?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 78K20, Oct 12, 2004.

1. 78K20

78K20 Member
    from WV

A couple of weeks ago I looked at a 1995 GMC Z71 Sportside. It has a 350 with a 4 speed auto. The truck is in perfect condition with 69,500 miles. The dealership is asking $11,000 for it. I test drove it and was disappointed the truck seemed to have a lack of power. I thought that it must have highway gears or something b/c it runs great. Anyhow they said they would give me $2000 for my truck on trade and with $1500 down payments would be around 200 for 48 months. The highest bluebook value is $8,500. Well I forgot about it and now the dealer called me and left a message wanting me to call back. I really like this truck. What should I do? Sorry I don't have any pics

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I would do a through check on this truck. If I read your profile correct you are in West Virginia. Now if you remember correctly we have had some flooding along the Ohio river a month ago and I know in other areas close by as well. The only reason I bring this up is because it could have flood damage. Just a thought.

3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

If they were asking 11000 and it only booked for 8500 I doubt they will come down...But more important, if it felt wimpy with nothing on it, it will be a real dog loaded. Most step sides have gas mileage gears in them, like 292 or 308s. Terrible for doing work...

4. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Ask him what he is offering for the other $2600 he is charging over book? Look around, try traderonline.com or e-bay and other online locations you can get a lot better deal then that. If you are willing to pay $2600 over book you better realy love the truck not just like it.

5. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Offer them $9,000.00 no trade. They will take it. $11,00.00 is just a fishing pole price to allow for a trade in.

6. crashz

crashz Senior Member

A friend of mine picked up a 98 Z71, loaded with 120,000 miles for $7500 about 6 months ago. IMHO even $9K is steep for that truck.