1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

should i buy this fisher???!!! need your help guys!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mass1589, Sep 11, 2012.

1. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

hey guys i came across this 7'6" fisher mm1 for sale.. he was asking 1300 for everything. i only need the plowside since my truck has all the truckside setup already. he came down to 650 for the ploside. the only problem here is it is a two plug and my truck is a three plug!

can i swap it over and still be getting a good deal? what would it take to swap it over?

thanks for the help

2. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

this is a pic of the plow unit

zzzz.jpg

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe for the one behind that rusting thing in front.

4. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

i got him down to 600 final ...he sed the 8 footer he has is three plug and he wud want more. he is going to ask his partner at work if he has the stuff to make it a three plug and how much the 8 footer shud sell for. i thought maybe i could fix up the plow for fun and powder ocat take it apart give the fluids a change i dont mind working on it.

5. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

this guy is has the same setup fisher 7'6" 2 plug...for 400 but it has a patch job. ???

zzz 400.jpg

zzz 401.jpg

6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

So what if it has a patch job the other pos plow looks like swiss cheese.

7. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

to convert the relay wiring straight plow over to isolation module, you just need to add the 26359 harness to the coils on the power unit, and either change the lights to the 8435's (or Western 64100 - same thing) or rewire the old lights with a 26377 harness.
    It's easier to replace the lights. then you can either use the old ones for spare parts or save them in case you want to convert the plow back later.

8. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

brad96z28- the patch job is about 3-4" across the bottom of the blade right above the trip edge. it goes across the entire blade.

nealybird- so i keep the main power harness. and add the controls harness (26359). and add newer lights? or connect the (26377) harness to the current lights?

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like it would make a nice boat anchor

10. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

heres a pic of the patch job

zzz 5.jpg

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

For a good sized boatwesport

$650 isn't a bad price if it all works, rams/lift piston are functioning and aren't leaking or flaking chrome, it's not rusted away to nothing and doesn't show signs of tweaked Aframe/Quadrant or a lot of welding repair. Drop another 2K into it and you will have a good looking reliable blade.:mechanic:

12. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Its up to you take the one with a patch job or the one that needs a major patch job or use it the way it is and leave some small trails of snow. You are not gona get much of anything for 650.

13. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes the battery cable on the plow is the same, so you don't have to change it.
    and then either replace your lights with the 8435/64100's OR use the 26377 harness which would be a new harness for the lights that would go clear up into the light housings replacing the entire harness that joins the two lights together.

14. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

is there a way to tell from this picture if these lights will work i can get them cheap...

zzz 6.jpg

15. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

they look correct. should have 11 pins.

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:nod::nod::nod::nod:

17. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I wouldn't buy anything from him. Buyer beware.

18. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Welll guys today i bought all my new parts for my projject plow i got. Morrisey on here!! He was a great guy to deal with! I wouldnt listen to this gtmustang guy.... Dont post on threads man u jus come on here and bash things... Ive seen your posts....

19. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Morrisey is a great guy an a awesome guy to deal with! It's the guy who parks his trucks there.

20. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

This the plow you called me about redoing yesterday?I can convert everything over for you