1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I buy this 2 - 3 year old plow ???

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sealer People, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

Hello again all.

There's a plow for sale,
    it's a 2 - 3 year old blizzard speedwing 8600.
    He wants $4000.00 (no wiring, no mount) this is just for the plow & the light bar.

Any known problems with the speedwings ? again it's 2 - 3 years old.

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

whats it cost new in your area? whats the cost for the mounts , wiring and controller?

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

sounds pricey, I googled that type of plow and found it new for $3,900 no missing parts full warrenty

4. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

New, its $7500. taxes in, wiring, in, mount in & installed
    Thats from Kooey Bros.

Now on the existing 2 year old plow,,, they say my existing wiring harness will work, aswell as joystick.
    Im just gonna need a new mount which is gonna run me about $350 - 400.00

When I priced out a new one, they said that the new 8600 speedwing wont work with my wiring, but with this 2 year old one it will. (thats funny to me)

So is this plow worth it ?
    Am I getting into a crappy plow with the speedwing ???
    Right now I have a 7600 LT, but its a little light duty for my tase & my truck aswell.

Any advice would be great .

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict