1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I buy the Lawn Care Succes book?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Four Seasons, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Four Seasons

Four Seasons Senior Member

Im 18 and have been working on starting a landscaping buisness since the fall. I now have a truck trailer and z turn mower and am going to get a plow in the summer so Im ready for accounts. Anyway would you recommend the book? It sounds great from the description but then every commercial does...

STRONGARM Senior Member

I'm curious to hear the feedbacktymusic
  3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

you should write your own it will pay better than doing lawncare.
  4. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Sean Adams has a good product, I have read many of his letters and discussions and if you are serious about having a business then go for it. I think it will pay for itself
  5. Four Seasons

Four Seasons Senior Member

then why are you here?
  6. Runner

Runner Senior Member

You can obtain MULTIPLE times the information off of Lawnsite than you ca from any book. Not only that, but you get different perspectives, from different variations that better suit YOUR business model. you are able to ask custom questions at times when YOU need them, and have reached different stages when conditions change. For instance, there are different methods and orders of operations for different sizes of lco's, and there is different designation of cutting power for different conditions with varying factors such as exactly what equipment/per labor you have, and what sort of cutting power you are running. There is no cookie cutter formula.
  7. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

What works for one person, doesn't necessarily mean it will work for another.

We give out advice for free, and you may even get responses closer to your market.

Seems like Sean ran a very successful business, but it was years ago and things aren't the same anymore.

Just my $.02