1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I Buy New Plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Buckeye Chuck, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

My UltraMount 71/2 foot poly plow is 10 years old, real good condition. My 10 yr. old Silverado is too but I'm starting to chase rust. I'm thinking of buying a new truck this year or next. Is it a no brainer to just get all new? I don't even know if this plow would fit on a new truck.

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

If the plow works why replace it. Unless you offload the old one i dont see a reason to unless you want to go bigger

3. Buckeye Chuck

I wasn't sure it could be installed to new trucks, different frames, electronics, etc. I'd have to get a dealer to uninstall and install it on new truck.

4. pdreibels

pdreibels Member

Will you be trading your current truck in?

5. pdreibels

pdreibels Member

A few things to think about...

Your truck will be more valuable at trade in time with the plow on it.

If you do decide to keep the plow you may need new truckside stuff which will cost money plus installation cost if you aren't doing it yourself.

If you plan on buying new most times you can get an upfitter rebate if you install a new plow.

I was just in a similar situation as you and ended up buying a new Ram last month. In the end it only cost me $2k more to get a brand new Wideout put on then to get my 11yr old pro plow switched over to the new truck. It was a no brainer.

6. Buckeye Chuck

Try and sell it first, trade if I have to.

7. Buckeye Chuck

That's what I was afraid of. Haven't talked to Western yet but I don't want to get into that. Probably sell the plow with the truck then.