1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I buy new or used?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by CAT 245ME, Sep 13, 2008.

1. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I've been looking for a used Boss 8'2" V for my 98 Silverado 2500HD but have found nothing but 7'6" V's and have been looking in a wide area. One Boss dealer has a 2 year old 7'6" V demo with 1 year warranty for $3800 including the hook ups to fit my Chevy but it's only 7'6", I also thought about having to buy a mount for my truck (not sure the cost) to fit a plow that was off a different truck, but this would put the price up even more and then gets me thinking that maybe I am better off with a new plow.

So here's what I know, I can buy a new 8'2" V for $6200 plus tax tymusic, A used plow will be between $3200 to 4000 tymusic used and I still will need the mount for my truck, so that's more money to pay out payup.

I also thought about going over to Houlton Maine ussmileyflag where there is a Boss dealer, but I do not know how much one would be in the states, How much is an 8"2" V selling for in other states?

2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I can get a 9'2" Power V XT installed for $5000.00 if that helps ya out. Depends how much you want to put into a plow. If you wanna save some money and get by with a 7'6" then do that.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

New is always nice. How much work you going to be doing? Price sounds about right for Ca.

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

pretty tough to beat a new plow, you can get exactly what you want, has warranty,

5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Keep your eye open for a used one. They are out there, you might have to travel as well. I got a sweat deal on my barely used V. I had to travle 300 miles round trip it was well worth it. That is a good price for the 7' 6" but i think it is too small, go with a 8'2" or a 9' 2".

6. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I have 40 residentials that some are pretty good sized, I would like a decent sized blade to cut down time that it takes to plow them and be able to get some more work. I had been using 7'6" Fishers that were belt drivin (SLOW), I tried out a Boss 8'2 V last winter and was convinced this was the way to go.

The 7'6 V Demo is a real good buy IMO, but I feel it's just to small for a 2500HD.
    Right know were about halfway threw september and would like to get my 98 Chev ready to go.

NoFearDeer the price you listed for a 9'2" makes me think more at looking at a new 8'2" over in Maine and bringing one across the border, our dollar has gone down some recently but still may be worth looking into, does the price you paid include sales tax?