1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should i buy another plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by birddseedd, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

Dont get your panties in a knot that question was rhetorical.

IF the snow keeps up for a few more events i think i might be able to pull off a newer plow.

maybe.

im setting my budget at 1200. suppose i can worry about the mount next year if its a good enough plow.

what do you think? know anyone in the kalamazoo area selin one.

dont want to go under 8'. wasnt thinkin about poly, but. mabye. would be easier on my half ton.

what do you think of this?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/pts/3567951806.html

2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Yes i would.

3. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Snag up the poly one, throw a set of wings on it and buy the correct mount for your truck. Best thing you could ever do for yourself.

4. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

If you can afford it and it will make you more efficient when you plow then I would.

5. birddseedd

this winter started slow but has really turned out better than i ever expected. couple inches several times a week over and over. guess its lookin up a little.

tho i shoudl stop shopping now since i need to wait for payments to come in.

6. birddseedd

no controls or anything

7. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Why not take the 1200 or whatever and trade the Dodge in for a bigger and more reliable truck with a plow already. I dont know what you owe on your truck as it is but even if you have to eat some of it you will get ahead by minimal downtime and maintenance. Im not sure on pricing but a there is a clean 04 2500hd Chevy ext cab with a newer 8ft Fisher for $15,500 around here.

8. birddseedd

already tried that. didnt work unfortunately. frankly iv beat up the body of this truck bad enough im not sure itl even match up to what kbb says its worth. but trade in is way way way under what i owe.

there is a guy thats goign to take some pics of a 97ish 10 cyl dodge with a plow. maybe i can talk him into a payment plan.

9. Bossman 92

You can get the wire harness and controler this summer. Finish out the season with what you already have. Buy the plow now. Buy the mount with your tax refund. Buy the harness and controler with grass money. Spread it out a little and it wont seem like so much at once. You are determined and I am sure if you take your time this summer AND LISTEN to guys on here you can have that plow installed and ready to work by next fall.

10. Bossman 92

How big are your accounts? I mean do you need a bigger truck or can you make do with that dodge another few years? For gods sake you made that awful plow work for you as long as you had to I am sure a few more years with the dodge will be a treat. It seems you wont go away easily so my advise for you (given the fact that you are on a very limited budget) would be to up grade to a better more dependable plow and keep building from there.

11. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Poly Plows are usually heavier than steel.

12. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Maybe he wants a heavier plow on a 1/2 ton? LOL.

13. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Call Less,maybe he'll sell you a plow.

[​IMG]

14. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

correct Thumbs Up

15. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Poly also won't rust out like a steel one, snow slides off easily.

16. birddseedd

:confused: thicker framing?

17. birddseedd

The truck is fine. if i get a better plow that im not constantly working on things would go much smoother.

18. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

how is your truck fine? You just had a thread about how some thing is wrong with your breaks. You also had a thread about how your truck does not have 4x4 right now. If im not mistaken those are two things that a plow truck should probably have, but what do i know:confused:

19. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Most plastics are much heavier than steel. That is why poly plows weigh more.

20. birddseedd

The people that actually wanted to give ideas were right. it was the parking break. not sure why it comes up hard. but iv got to pull the lever and lift the peddle a bit more.

and the 4x4 can be fixed. its just a pain. good for nothing bolt holding the upper control arm has rust that is stronger than the metal bracket its bolted to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.