1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I buy a new plow?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by tjthorson, Aug 7, 2006.

1. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

As I alluded to in my previous post, I sold my S-10 Blazer, and have the 7'6" MT Snoway sitting in my garage. Its only two years old and has about 20 driveways on it. Still brand new.

I bought a new Jeep Wrangler and the local dealer wants $600 for a new mount. Even with that, I think the weight of the MT is going to be a bit much on the front end of the Wrangler (even with the air bags I was going to install) - and $600 more on this plow is a bit much to swallow. Plus, someone suggested putting on a poly scraper bar to lighten it up - which is fine - but how much more is that?

So, the debate is, should I try to sell/trade in the MT on a new (very light) 22 series? I only do 40-50 foot driveways with the thing, and there are about 4-5 I do each snowfall.

What can I expect to pay for a new 22 series, with DP, remote, and installation?

What can I sell a like-new MT for?
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

you will take a huge hit on the MT. Used straight blades seem to top out at around $1,500, unless the buyer has the same truck the plow came off of then you might get $2,000. The $800 you're out of pocket for the parts (mount and Poly wear edge) is less then you will need to upgrade to the new 22 series.