1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

should i be able to move trip edge??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sparksrides, Dec 22, 2008.

1. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

i have a mm1 9 ft and when the plow is raised i can push the trip edge with my foot, not to a full trip but it does move. i just replaced the two outer springs they were deformed like they had collapsed the two inner springs look OK but I'm going to replace them anyway. is it normal to be able to move the trip edge?
  2. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

No the trip edge should not move and take a large amount of force to move it, by large I mean hitting an object when you are plowing. Sounds like you need new springs.
  3. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

i just replaced the two outer springs. are there two different springs? the ones i got are cpw part #27406. they were the same size as the ones i removed. i have the other two new springs and plan to install them soon but if they are not the right springs i don't want to waste my time
  4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Did you just buy plow or truck. If the truck was used on a city route those springs maybe real week. Make sure you buy loaded springs it will save you some work