1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I be able to move plow blade back and forth by hand??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by KenH, Feb 7, 2014.

1. KenH

KenH Junior Member
    from 5a

Fisher, MMI, SEHP. When the plow is lifted, should I be able to move the plow blade back and forth, manually, albeit it with some effort?? or does this signify a greater problem.

Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No you should not be able to. Might be the crossover valve. Did anything happen? Hit something hard?

3. KenH

KenH Junior Member
    from 5a

No. Just noticed it this last storm with the heavy slush. I'll start thread searching the crossover valve.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Look up fishers website for your plow and go through the guide. It should show you all the places and pieces that ate involved

5. KenH

KenH Junior Member
    from 5a

Is the crossover valve the same as the cushion valve??

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

My western started do that found out it was low on fluid and had air in the rams I fill it back up work it left and right now you cant move it by hand

7. automoto

automoto Member

my fisher hd was doing the same thing, turns out the dealer never completely filled it with oil which allowed air to enter the pump and it would cavitate. Filled it with oil to proper quantity and now its all good