1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I add a 4th spring ???

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sealer People, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

Hi guys,

I have a 7.5 ft light duty blizzard plow ( 3 - 4 years old )

I find that the plow trips alot especially now in the beginning of the season. Theres 3 springs on it now & they're all fine & the spaces between are good.

I was wondering if I should add another spring,??? will this make it more heavy duty ?

I guess what Im asking is, what are the advantage or disadvantages of adding a fourth spring to a light duty plow ??????

2. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

subscribed........

3. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

Hi, I dont understand what "subscribed" means ???

4. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Will just add more stress to the plow, frame, ...... because the blade isnt going to want to trip as eaisily, resulting in more stress throughout the unit. But it could be posssible that the springs on the plow now are getting weak and another spring would fix it, or you could replace the 3 current springs with new ones. But it is usually very sticky for the first few snows of the season.

5. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Im pretty sure subscribed means he would like to know as well?

6. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Subscribed - Whenever you make a post, before you click "submit reply", scroll down and you'll see "thread subscription". A subscription tracks when there are new posts in the thread and notifies you either via email or when you click "user cp" it'll show you all of your thread subscriptions.

Hope that helps.

7. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I just wanted to know what people would say as I was curious about the question as well. There for I posted a reply so in my user control panel I would be subscribed to your post so I would not have to search for it later on. lol

8. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i would try to tighten them up a little first then maybe have to replace them before you ad a 4th