1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shot gun dog who saved my ass back in the day!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by firehog13, Nov 18, 2009.

1. firehog13

firehog13 Member

This is a classic video I did about 4 years ago with my 100lbs American Bull Dog Jersey Girl, she usually rides along with me when I'm out on some of these long remote private roads I do for the region. I usually plow into this road which is about five minuets each way from any main road or person and kick her out to let her chase me back to the road. She can usually stay right behind the blade when I'm doing about 25km-30km providing she doesn't take a snow blast to the face which she did in this video which slows her down a bit.
    One night at the top of this driveway where the reservoir is I got out to shovel the door which is into the side of a hill with 15 foot concrete walls flaring out on either side. While I was clearing the door she warned me of a coyote or wolf ( to this day still don't no what it was) sneaking up behind me when I was clearing the a door way. If it wasn't for her flipping out trying to put her face through my driver side window to try and kill this animal while I had my back turned to the truck, I would have been up s*&%s creek.
    I ended up turning around to see what all the ca motion was about only to be greeted by this crazy ass animal coming in long and low to the ground getting ready to pounce on my back, I almost crapped my pants when I saw this thing trying to get the upper had on me. The worst part was I had those 15 foot concrete walls on either side of me where the door was and had no were to go but through the animal to get back to my truck.
    My adrenaline immediately dumped into my blood stream at this point and I went in to the fight or flight mode and had no choice but to fight, so I started smashing my shovel on the ground screaming at this thing trying to get it to leave or fight me and I knew if it came at me I had one shot to hit it in the head with my shovel and try to get to my truck door to let my dog rumble it while I grabbed me hatchet that I keep behind my seat. Lucky for me after about a 10 second stand off with this dark fur beast that was snarling and baring its teeth at me, it finally pissed off back into the field in front of my truck. From what I was told by the wild life conservation that I phone the next day he said that this is out of character for a coyote or wolf to approach a loud running diesel truck with another dog in it which is going nuts, but the guy also said it was a long winter and when animals get desperate for food they will do anything to get it, I must of looked mighty fine that night.LOL
    I'll never forget that night for as long as I live and I'll never forget to bring the dog who saved my ass that dark cold night!!!:eek::gunsfiring:wesporttymusic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPup0UxY5KI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMNwYzEnANg

DSC00283.jpg

Sept 08 035.jpg

July 3 07 026.jpg

summer 05.5 026.jpg

summer 05 511.jpg

2. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Good looking dog! I bet she would have ripped that animal apart :laughing:

3. LEVE

LEVE Member

Great story. Dogs are the best! Somehow I think a cat would have handed the coyote the hatchet...

4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice video and nice looking dog

5. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

Nice looking Dog. Dogs are the best and they don't complain a bit. Here is my plow buddy.

[​IMG]

6. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

Toby stealing my wood when I was building my shack for my fire wood
    t1.jpg
    Then both of them
    ht1.jpg

ht2.jpg

White one has been plowing before the other this will be his first year

ht1.jpg

ht2.jpg

t1.jpg

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Must have been a wolf, I don't think a yote would ever attack a person by itself.

8. firehog13

firehog13 Member

Dogs rule cats drool har har. lol I use to take her to the fire hall all the time for the 24hr sleep over. She is a pretty loyal dog and loves people and snowplowing.

summer 05 545.jpg

summer 05 546.jpg

summer 05 544.jpg

summer 05 548.jpg

summer 05 494.jpg

9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Man what a great looking dog, they sure are loyal.
    Can you get her to move her paw in the last picture:).

10. vmderrick

vmderrick Junior Member

Awesome dog. I have a 5 year old american bulldog that I absolutely love. I am thinking of getting another soon

11. skippy867

skippy867 Member

man , is that a american la france firetruck you have there?. thats too bad..lol