1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shorts today,shovels tomorrow in NH

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Oshkosh, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Well, just when I wished spring would stick around snow, snow, snow all week a chance of snow.
    Possibly 1"-3" between now to tomorrow evening.

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I hear what you are saying they are calling for snow here in Ohio by the end of the week and they say lake effect so who knows what will get hopefully none.

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks like it'll stay all rain down this far, but there might be some mixing. I doubt anything sticks.

4. Oshkosh

Should'nt be surprised....

We should'nt be surprised but once your mind gets ready for spring it is hard to hear the words snow accumulation...lol

5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I pulled my steaks today. If it snows, it will have to melt on it's own.xysport

6. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Snow

Ill take the bonus to end the year its going to be cold so let it snow

7. Oshkosh

Sleet sleet sleet

Well I guess they are close to correct as it is sleeting,a nice slippery coating on the driveway.....

8. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Wait till Tuesday night. NECN is calling for 20" or so in the "hills".........

9. Oshkosh

Its Started

Woke up this morning to this.
    Supposed to be on and off all day and then steady and hard tonight into tomorrow.

4-4-07 0011.jpg

10. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

:dizzy: OK I gave in, The plow is back on and we will have to be careful as to ground being very soft.

11. DeereFarmer

They are saying 2-4" here for tonight. We'll see. I've put everything away, pulled the stakes, and started spring cleanups, so it'll just have to melt.

12. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

That what I said too, but the weather channel said sothern NH to get 8".

I know they are never right, but I like to be prepared so I bit the bullet and got it ready.wish me luck with no steaks. :cry:

13. Oshkosh

Over 4" already

I am at over 4" already and it wasn't supposed to start till early evening.
    Anywhere from 12"-18" they are saying of wet heavy snow...
    I'll never get spring started...

14. EFI

EFI Member
    from NH / NB

2" here in Rockingham county already. Plows are going on.

15. 1sthippy

1sthippy Member

Snow?

It's snowing right now. Started about 1500 and now it's 1900 - 31* - 3" - changing like clock work. Going from snow to hail to rain and back again. NHDoT just went by again and the scanner sounds like it's the first storm of the year. Several cars and one school bus off the road. A state plow was hit on Rt149 a little while ago in Deering. Hippy.

16. NHJAKE

NHJAKE Junior Member

I know I jinxed us. I sent out letter to my 06 Lawn care customers 2 days ago saying spring was here and that's all it took! 3" so far here in Barnstead and snowing pretty good. The gravel driveways are going to be a real treat. I just know this is going to push like wet concrete! Good Luck to all !!! ~ Jeremypayup

17. DeereFarmer

Wow, looks like you northern guys are going ot get a pretty hefty amount of snow. Be careful with that heavy stuff. It is snowing/ raining here. Nothing major, but tons of accidents.

18. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

The storm is suppost to hit New Brunswick around 6am and we are to get 4 to 6 inches before it changes to rain, I was already for spring and now this.

Oh well, might as well make some more money.payup

19. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Looks like they were wrong again at least here in Nashua. The town plowed about 1 1/2 inches, no way I'm plowing unless it starts again tonight

20. Oshkosh

13.5" and still....

Wow, 13.5" and still snowing....Wet heavy stuff....I guess spring is on hold!