1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shortening A Frame on ST-90

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Plowing Cowboy, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Plowing Cowboy

Plowing Cowboy Junior Member

I have a Meyer ST-90 mounted on my 95 F-250. I have the truck side frame mount closer to the front of the truck than I would like, and the measurement from the bumper to the blade edge is 51". This puts the lift chain at about a 45 degree angle from the a frame to the lift arm, and the blade just seems to really hang off the front of the truck. Has anyone shortened a Meyer A frame, and how well does it work?
  2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

since you have an older plow made for the classic mount that stays on the truck, there are two ways to fix this.
    1: buy a short "A" frame made for the newer tube mount that sits close to the front of the truck.
    2: move the lift chain.
    my suggestion is to remove the lift chain from it's current location at the pivot pin and move it back to the swing frame where it will be straight up and down.
  3. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

At full angle, what is the MINIMUM space between the plow and the truck's bumper? I.e., lower the plow and measure, lift it half way and measure, lift it all the way and measure.