1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shortened Tailpipe On Silverado 2500 HD

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by darryl g, Mar 19, 2015.

1. darryl g

darryl g Senior Member
    from CT

I finally got tired of dislocating and bending my exhaust backing over piles. It was fine until my shop took the tailpipe out of the hanger when replacing my brake lines. Since then it's come out 3 or 4 times, even after heating it up and getting it back in the hanger nicely. That long piece running behind the rear wheel just provides too much leverage and I can't be worrying about whether the pile I'm backing over is too big. I think there's enough angle left to it that I won't stuff it with snow.

IMG_20150315_111504257_HDR.jpg

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  2. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

Lol-I thought I was the only one!! Great simple solution-thx for sharing. Now to find the sawzall & take care of this problem for the last time.

3. darryl g

darryl g Senior Member
    from CT

I think the only concern would be if you have a cap or camper on the back you could get some exhaust in there but it's not an issue for me.