1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"shortage" in st. louis!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bluxprs, Feb 20, 2008.

1. bluxprs

bluxprs Junior Member

just picked up my first load of bulk ever, and they were raising the price 20.00 a ton. This was justified by "shortage of salt" "we're having to truck in the salt".Just thought I would post it if anybody did't know already.

2. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Prices have changed. They say it will be $152 yard if they can get any. They say its coming from AR. You gotta love it.:mad:

3. iluvscag

iluvscag Member
    from STL

Theres a guy in AR thats at 90.00 a ton bulk. You come get it.

4. CutnLawns

CutnLawns Junior Member

Our Rural King just got in close to 700 40lb bags at 5pm. Myself and another company took half as they unloaded straight to our trucks and there was a line forming as they unloaded. This is ALL I found in the St. Louis/Metro East area since 7am. I'm good but ALOT of people area scrambling!

5. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 Senior Member

ASI Salt has it at $140/ton delivered to StL general area if there is anything left.

Call 314-962-8949 and speak with either Rick or Wendy. Tell them Scott sent you.