1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Short video of of me clearing a sidewalk with my sweeper

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Camden, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I was out tonight tidying up some sidewalks. We had rain today followed by flurries so it put down a crusty layer of snow that needed to be cleaned up.

http://youtu.be/Ivm-8yMoJxs

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

That's a handy piece of equipment. Looks good.

3. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

That's awesome.
    Is your sweeper excessively heavy?
    Keep the videos coming.... I would but we haven't had ANY snow...

4. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

Wow cleared it like nothing... Very nice.

5. grsp

grsp Member
    from indiana

when we get some real snow, i would like to see what that can do with 3 - 4 inches on the ground. and maybe even 6 - 8 inches. not that we like to have that much accumulate on sidewalks, just curious.

6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah, it's the heaviest attachment that I have. I can hook the plow and blower up by myself but not the the sweeper.

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think I'd even attempt to sweep that much snow. I have a 66" plow that I like to use whenever we get more than a few inches.

8. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

Just curious on how or if you could run the broom over the parking block/ bumpers,,,i have been thinking about getting broom for skid steer or my front mower.

9. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I've never tried it but I don't think the broom would enjoy it. There's not a lot of clearance to make it over a bumper without hitting the frame. Maybe it would be different with a skid steer broom but I can't say for sure.

What make/model of front mount do you have?

10. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

john deere 1420...72" mower and full cab

11. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Sweet machine...especially if it's 4wd. Good luck with whatever you decide to do :drinkup:

12. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

yes it is 4wd it is sweet.....mows awesome very surprising for being gas job