1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shopping center with store sidewalks

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by RichieRich31, Oct 1, 2012.

1. RichieRich31

RichieRich31 Junior Member

Hello, if anyone can give me a ball park figure.to plow this parking lot and sand it, clear and salt the sidewalks by the storefronts.I would appriciate it.I dont have material prices yet, but any help/advie would be great! thanks- rich

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  2. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

We are going to need some pics or #'s on size

3. RichieRich31

ok, there got a pic up.Also im curious for a price on a final cut, and clean for this as well.Thanks all !!

4. JT SNOW

JT SNOW Member

Rich....

How long do you think it wil take you to plow this lot????....How long do you think it will take you to shovel the walks????....

Get some SQ. Foot numbers of the lot and walks....As soon as you get those and post them people will start throwing Random numbers at you....:nod:

My best advise to you is....Start out by subbing for a larger company...Pay attention to how they operate and how they conduct business:nod:...Ask questions and learn...This way you will be more comfortable down the road to bid projects like this....:drinkup:

5. RichieRich31

1-3 INCHES would prolly take 2 hrs plow, 2 hrs sidewalk snowblowing.half an hour to salt sidwalk,and half hour to sand lot.

6. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

Where are the snow storage areas? Looks like the lot is fairly full most of the time. $500 for 1-3" with sidewalks and salt/sand.

7. RichieRich31

Hey, i just wanted to thank you guys for the advice.I put together a proposal/contract for 400.00 increasing up to 500 with over 7 inches.I got the job, and it looks like i also got a final cut & clean for $150.00 . as well as a good contact with a property manager.Its not my first time plowing, i have a landscape business as well.So i like to keep the trucks makeing money.Thanks guys! - rich

ps: anyone know where to get a good price on sand/salt mix in suffolk ny?

8. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

so what if it snows 2 times next season and the min you finish the sun comes out and you dont ever have to use a spec of salt. how do you survive?

9. RichieRich31

well if it snows...2 times...great! i make money on two ocassions with two trucks.each haveing 2-3 locations.Sounds like money to me.I live in ny, snow plowing is not an occupation to survive off of...lol.Im more worried about gas than salt...hehe

10. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

WOW!! You're doing fall clean-ups for a buck & half. Let me know when your in PA. I'll sub all my fall clean-ups to you for that price! :nod:

11. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

.:popcorn:

12. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Im just trying to help you out. Trying to get you to see how it all adds up

how does one price without knowing where to get salt or what it even costs.

how big is that site...?

Im not sure but a site that is larger like what you posted with that amount of sidewalks and work would be something that I price seasonally or atleast break down into each part
    example sidewalks this much, plowing this much, salting this much.
    there will be times the sidewalks need to be cleared but perhaps the lot doesnt as the traffic and salt is keeping it clear or acceptable to the clients needs.

13. RichieRich31

got a price in my own town, for 20% salt/sand mix. $ 123.00 for 2 tons

14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you are using the truck and plow you have listed you should put some wings on the plow and unless you have a high end salter it's not going to spread sand salt well.

The walks shouldn't take 2 hours but the lot looks like it will take all of that. Are there islands all through that parking lot?

15. RichieRich31

actually i sold that truck.I am useing for this lot, a 1980 gmc c30 dump, 4x4 with a fisher.And a satinless steel sander, not sure what brand, but its a small version of the big ones, and has belt drive, very commercial looking.I will have two people, on this lot one on the walks...one in the truck.i fig overall should be no more than 4 hours tops.Also im thinking about running some small tubes of hot exhaust under the bed, keeping the sand/salt from freezeing a bit.

16. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

So a C30 is not 4x4 correct?

Do you have a backup plan for a 33 year old truck?

17. RichieRich31

sadly you have assumed, wrong.The truck looks great and runs super, yes its 4x4 like i stated, try putn your glasses on the right way pal.I run two trucks... you troll...go s h it on someone else.

ps: your math s u k s

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  18. JT SNOW

JT SNOW Member

This thread sums up everything wrong with the Industry.......:dizzy:

19. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The C/K is the name for Chevrolet and GMC's full-size pickup truck line from 1960 until 1999 in the United States, from 1965 to 1999 Canada, from 1964 through 2001 in Brazil, and from 1975 to 1982 in Chile. The first Chevrolet pickup truck appeared in 1924, though in-house designs did not appear until 1930. "C" indicated two-wheel drive and "K" indicated four-wheel drive. The aging C/K light-duty pickup truck was replaced with the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra in 1999 in the US and Canada, and 2001 in Brazil; the Chevrolet Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD heavy-duty pickup trucks followed in 2001.

20. RichieRich31

ahh....your awsome....now i can sleep tonight Thumbs Up

...thanks for all the great snow plowing advice, and your little cut and paste effort !

....now i just need some plow "wings" ? LMAO

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012