1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shopping Center Bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by BCE Outdoor, Nov 25, 2012.

1. BCE Outdoor

BCE Outdoor Junior Member

I was wondering thoughts on prices for one of our mowing accounts that now wants prices for snow removal. The site is 134,400 sq ft of parking lots and 19,000 sq ft of sidewalks. Half of the sidewalks can be done with a truck since they are 30' wide. Lot is pretty open and has plenty of area for snow. I was thinking 435 per push including walks or 6090 for the season.

Salt would be applied after each plowing, anything under 2" and during the day for any accumulation.

Any input is appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  2. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Well we need more info. How many pushes per year? Average snow fall? How many saltings per year? Is that number including salt? If so, you are WAY low. But either way that seems cheap

3. BCE Outdoor

BCE Outdoor Junior Member

That price is just for the snow, I based it off of 14 pushes for the season. Salt applications would be separate and are based on how much is applied in each event.
    For our other accounts we plan on 36 salt events, this place has much more traffic and they are wanting salt for any accumulation during or night so I am expecting it to be more.

4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

check the sidewalks for rubber mat in the handicap cuts...steel blades rip them up

5. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

How did you learn that?;) lol good adviseThumbs Up

6. SullivanSeptic

Its called experience. Its priceless.

7. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

It is even better to learn from other peoples experiences. :salute:

8. SullivanSeptic

Aaaah. No its not.