1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shopping around/Confused

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by MIDTOWNPC, Aug 4, 2007.

1. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I have a 2003 Dodge Diesel 4x4 Heavy Duty Quad and would love a Blizzard 810. I am located in Ontario Canada. Can anyone give me a recomendation for a good price of what to pay or where to gob (looking at new or new last years model). Blizzard online calculator doesn't show my truck options which I find crazy. I have seen blizzard plows on diesels but never close enough to notice which model - speedwing or 810. My sticker on inside of drivers door says Front 5200 Rear 6000
    Anyone running my truck with a blizzard and if so which model? Are you happy?
    With the us doller lower I could go across the border but would have to find out what the duty / customs procedures would be. I would think then I would not be able to have it installed.

2. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

you will be fine with an 810, go across and have them install it and just put it in the back of the truck when they're done, or put it on a trailer or something

3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

O5 Ram Quad , Cummins. I run an 810, wish it was an 8611 Lopro. No issues with the 810
    Go see Jerre in Erie Pa. Lots of guys from Ontario go see him. If you leave the States at 12 am you probally wont have any issues at the border with duty's owed. JMO

4. MIDTOWNPC

Jerre in Erie Pa - is he a member on this forum, cause I'd get a price then.

btw - I got a price from a guy around here that is a dealer. $6140 not installed and that is plus that. thought it was a bit high

thats for an 810

5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Yes he is a member here Jerre Heyer. Great guy. I drove from IL 500 plus miles to buy from him.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Not running that truck, but there's no reason you can't. I have a couple PSD's that are running that 8611 LP's without problems.

I'll second the Jerre's vote. And if you want the plow to be easily field repairable and strengthen the few weak spots Blizzards have, he's the guy. Not to mention, if you buy from him, you have 24 hour technical service a phone call away.

7. MIDTOWNPC

Thanks men
    Jerre Heyer I'll look him up