1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shop Hardware

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LI Brian, Oct 11, 2001.

1. LI Brian

LI Brian Guest

I am starting to set up my garage as a work shop. where can I get the best deal on hardware. I have a bolt cabinet, and I don't feel like buying boxes from a hardware store, where can I get the stuff wholsale.
  2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Rockwell, makes bulk packages of hardware. Check your yellow pages under fasteners, or industrial supply. I don't know of any national companys are retailers of bulk hardware.

3. LI Brian

LI Brian Guest

Thanks for the advice I will look them up. I don't know why I didn't think of that.
  4. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Curtis and Bowman both offer the bolt bin setups with salesmen who travel a route and check/repalce your inventory on a regular basis. Problem is I have no idea how to contact either company. I mow for the local Curtis rep, if I ever catch him at home I'll ask if they have a website or a number yoiu can call to find the local salesman.
  5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Be sure to purchase grade 5 minumum hardness for bolts that will be used for automotive and equipment. Bolts sold at Home Depot are not up to this standard. Also if you use a grade 5 bolt remember that you should use all the same grade for bolts, nut and washer in order to acheive the grade rating.
  6. alfman

alfman Junior Member

If you watch the paper for auctions you might get lucky. A couple of years ago I went to an auction were a small hardware store was closing. I got a great deal on all of their bins and contents. As far as refilling the bins I go to TSC (tractor supply co.) and buy bulk when I need it.
  7. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

don't forget grainger, they have nuts & bolts also