1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shoot me in the head!

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by PLM-1, Dec 10, 2007.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Well, it's another ice storm like last year. Have about 1" of ice so far. Last year we had about 4-6" of ice. Power is out everywhere. Everything is closed. I've put down 2 tons of icemelt and i'm out!!! Nobody was expecting it to be quite like this and no melt is available. I will post some pics later, but it looks like a shiny diamond out! I can't see out one window on my house. My front door was even frozen shut.

2. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Atleast if everyone is out you are not the only one. Its not like you look bad really, its just if you have 20 tons of salt you would look really good. Hang in there.

What about sand? atleast you could spread something?

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I have some sand but it won't go through my spreader it just packs in there. I found some icemelt about 90 miles from here. Sounds like I'm gonna go hook up the trailer and cram as many pallets on as I can.

4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

o yes trailer in ice storm i hope u got good trailer brakes

5. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Be careful out there!

6. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Got some! We had a warm rain this afternoon. Too bad it's going to freeze tonight. I'm in the only area that has power. We don't even have radio or tv.

7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Wow Hope it gets better soon for you, How much salt/ ice melt did you get

How long do you expect the storm to last?

8. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

3 tons was all i could haul. It says through wednesday, it is literally a disaster zone here. Even though we had more accumulation of ice last year, the whole city is out of power this time 75k people plus some of the outlaying towns. Atleast my satelite tv works and I have power!!! If I didn't have to take care of one of the hospital campus' I wouldn't even need to do anything because nothing is open/can open.

9. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

I hope thats not whats coming our way here in chicago, But if it does, we have 50 tons bulk salt in the bin and another 50 coming in the morning,,

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Need a "professional" video taper of all this salt being put down?

11. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

If you can make it down here, i have 8 1gig cards for my camera. Film away....

12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Sweet, I also have a Camera that uses 60min MiniDv tapes that I film with. I have about 20 of those tapes.

I have the day off school today for the weather, going to see how the morning starts out and then give Eric a call and see what you guys are up to.

13. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Sorry guys. My internet has been down. I have some pics but I haven't been able to download them yet. We still have about 50% of the city out of power.It looks like a tornado has gone through here. Power poles split in two, uprooted trees, broken trees, you name it. A bunch of streets are impassable.

14. KSlandscaper

KSlandscaper Member
    from Kansas

Manhattan, Kansas - the first morning

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

That's near what we look like. There aren't too many standing trees or unharmed trees

16. TEX

TEX Senior Member

that sucks...

thata pretty much all we get here in Texas about 1 or 2 times a year. not that bad tho

17. loaderplower93

loaderplower93 Member

I saw my first bad ice storm live last year when I was at school in Bloomington, IL and we got close to 2" and we had a day and a half off from class...I do tree work over the summer and if I had a saw I would have jumped in and helped clean up but you guys sound like you got it real bad. Good luck with the cleanup and stay safe!

18. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Supposed to get 6"-8" of snow now through saturday. One station is saying the latest is showing 10"+.

19. KSlandscaper

KSlandscaper Member
    from Kansas

Yeah, calling for 5-7" here. This is shaping up to be one hell-of-a winter.

20. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

its to bad you guys are getting it so hard but atleast you are getting something. we got snow this morning... about a 1/16 of an inch. i think im going to start my spring cleanups soon.