1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shoot me. I just bought something on EBAY.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chtucker, Aug 31, 2003.

1. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

2. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Nice light bar!:)
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

You can't go wrong when the price is right. :D

The strobes will be plenty bright.
  4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

OK but we aren't going after it when they don't ship it:D Just kiddin,looks like a nice unit,good luck with it:waving:
  5. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

:eek: I was looking at that bar for the past couple of days on eBay! You got a smokin deal on that brand new light bar!

I was mad when I saw it because I just paid $399.99 for the same bar last Tuesday... :realmad:

This is the second bar I have had like this one. You should be very happy with it!:bluebounc
  6. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Looks like a good light bar!! Great price too :D Good luck with it!!
  7. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Very nice and quality Whelen bar.

8. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Hey nice lightbar. Maybe you can somehow receive the lightbar and not pay for it? LOL! Just bustin chops a little. Mike :drinkup:
  9. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Just kick a guy while he is down too:D

Sold some "crap" on ebay last week for $1200,figured I should spend some of it.

It is amazing the stuff that goes for alot and what goes for a little. A tranny that I paid $1100 went for $550, yet the warped and needs to be painted early bronco tailgate went for $300 (new they are $400)

10. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Thats because one mans junk is another mans treasure, or something. :D I never used E-Bay personally, but have looked up cars just for the hell of it to see what kind of money they are bringing in. I saw a 97 Camaro SS on there just like mine, but it was a white automatic with about 40k miles and it was going for $9500, which I thought was dirtcheap for an SS model. But then again, maybe it isnt in mint condition like mine is, the pictures looked good, but who knows unless you see it in person and listen to it run, drive it, etc. I cant see how anyone could spend thousands for a vehicle that they never saw or drove. Mike
  11. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Great mini bar you will like it galls was probably the next cheapest if you had to buy from a store and they had like a 6 strobe mini whelen for over double what you paid .
  12. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

If you couldn't already tell by some of the posts to ebay finds I have made...................I am an ebayer. I enjoy checking out to find stuff on there. I also sell stuff (I specialize in selling truck parts, misc. diecast, baseball cards, and yankees merchandise)

It is a fun place to do business as long as you are careful and do not fall into the hands of a scammer.

13. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Not to bring up a bad subject or anything

Howard ,

Did you get the skidsteer mess taken care of yet???

I hope you finally got paid.

Mark K
  14. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Yes and no. I got shorted 1k. Then I refused to give the guy title and I put a lein on the machine. To reposses it would cost a couple of thousand with a lawyer. I am trying wait until he attempts to sell it.

This whole situation put me in a HUGE financial bind. I probably lost another 4-6k in soft money dealing with it, plus tied up DOUBLE what he paid for a couple of months. I had to fight AMEX for his deposit in JULY of this year. I won that, but man I thought I worked at the Post office for a while. You couldn't talk to me without me screaming.

THEN, I ended up going to small claims for a car restoration fiasco that went bad. Sandblaster warped/destroyed my 76 bronco body. I ended up winning that one court (August 5) ... They have until Sept 8 to pay me the $6500 that I won in court on that one.

15. DanG

DanG Senior Member

I had a Bronco of around that year.

Mine was a 1977.
    It had a 302, 3 speed on column, lock-out hubs, No power steering thou.
    Also had a 6 1/2 foot plow on it. (Meyers i think) LOL

Sold it in 1990 for i believe $500.
    Got rid of it because the body started to fall off(doors sagged when opened) and the floor pan you could see through plus the engine leaked oil real bad.

I still know where the parts one is that i had( in the junk yard who i gave it to)

16. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

please tell me that it was a bad tub to begin with, if it was good/strait :cry:
  17. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

RUST FREE, uncut, NO DAMAGE, ORIGINAL OWNER 1976 base model that was destroyed.. I cried.

Here is a sample pic:

from this:[​IMG]

to this:[​IMG] :angry:
  18. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict