1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shoestring finances

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by SteveR, Jan 18, 2012.

1. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Is it just me or does it seem to others that we worry way more about everything now cause of money. I watch salt usage like a hawk..Can we get away with a half ton less on the contract lots??? How long are the trucks warming up using fuel?? I am sick of it, it will get bettter right????
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Guess you didn't hear that the price of gas is going to be way over 4 bucks a gallon this summer!
  3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I thought they lowered it on election years and then raise it the next 3 years?
  4. oneoldsap

oneoldsap Senior Member

It's not going to get better till we use our votes to re elect nobody ! Our government wasn't designed to be run by career politicians , whos only agenda is lining their pockets ! Wake up america !
  5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Not to be an a$$ but you bid it.... if you can't get your margins then don't bother bidding those type of lots...... Been there done that, now if I don't get my margins theres always other lots to bid..... not saying its easy ...good luck
  6. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Oh I can do it but with the lack of snow and other work slow, cash flow isn't what we are used to so I just feel like I think about this stuff more...Just bitching cause I miss the cushion
  7. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Gas over 4 or 5 a gallon this summer, not going to waste time and effort with landscaping. Buying a couple reel mowers and some good walking shoes for the guys who really want to work
  8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Maybe they'll be giving away new trucks then.....:nod:
  9. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

the butt wipes in this state want to up the fuel tax $.04 this year and $.04 next year!!:realmad: roads are in bad shape. yet we had a surplus of almost $600M Really Good Idea Brandstead u, F$%*&^