1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shoes

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Sonic Buzz, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Sonic Buzz

Sonic Buzz Member

i just bought some shoes for my plow 7.5 st seems like it wants to sit to high with shoes i only bought them beacuse i picked up a storage shed lot thats gravel i do some gravel drives but just bump plow up when it wants to catch something

2. Sonic Buzz

Sonic Buzz Member

does anybody use shoes what should the minnum be 1 inch i have not measured but i have aleast 2-3 will measure tomrrow

3. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

If the new shoes are installed with no washers and still keeping your blade off the pavement then your cutting edge is worn too far. I had the same problem until i decided to replace the cutting edge. I usually run so the cutting edge is on the pavement then add/remove washers so the shoes aren't quite touching but almost. Then i can get pavement clean. I always feather the blade up/down on gravel cuz the shoes don't do much but they do help if you start to dig in it doesn't catch and go as deep as easily. Will still push gravel if your not careful but 'usually' keeps it from digging in so hard that you lose teeth or trip the plow all the way over. Personal preference mostly plus every account is different. I used to get out and change them all the time till I decided it wastes too much time and is a PITA so I said F it and leave them alone. I check them to see if there is more wear,etc each storm but usually only adjust once per season at most.

4. Sonic Buzz

Sonic Buzz Member

cutting edge is new sits about 2.5 with no washers . i just wont use them. Thanks

5. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

I never use my shoes

Edit : I should say I use the shoes on my own driveway only its gravel

6. tyler04jones

tyler04jones Member

i do alot of gravel driveways in scranton kansas and i have never used the shoes they seem to dig in no matter what and give 2 nice deep strips so for my 2 cents id ditch them

7. Sonic Buzz

Sonic Buzz Member

Im thikin the same well i guess i need to sell them.... Thanks