1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shoes with ExtreneV .....

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Pinzgauer, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

does anyone have personal experience with using shoes on this plow? Do they work even in V or scoop position?

Thanks ......

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Dont waste your money! I had them on mine last year and we ended up taking them off and back to the dealer. They never lined up right. The Fisher's are a curb guard/shoe kit.

3. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

thanks for that info .... I do mostly gravel driveways and wanted the shoes to keep the blade off the ground a bit.

4. Theo Epstein

Theo Epstein Member

Actually, they have a regular, adjustable shoe kit available for them this year. Part number 50700. Punch that number in on the main page of their web site under search and it brings up an illustration and all of the info.

5. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

great info!
    Thanks a lot .........

6. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

just to close the loop on my thread:

I did get the shoes ($160.00) and this year's plow already had the 3 holes in place to mount the shoes so the went on very easily. They have an odd angle to them so they maintain ground contact even in V position.
    Older plows you'd have to drill a 1"+ whole into the frame which doesn't sound like much fun.