1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shoes or new shoes?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cpsnowremoval, Dec 11, 2009.

1. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

i got a meyers plow this is my first year plowing. heard from a guy that if u run plow shoes u could get them stuck in a pothole. but hate to hit a big crack and mess up somthing. what do u guys think/ and heres a pic of my meyers plow got board to cold to finish it today:dizzy:

Picture 023.jpg

Picture 024.jpg

Picture 025.jpg
  2. Joshjeepcj7

Joshjeepcj7 Member

i run shoes when i am plowing stoned drives cause i dont want to push all the stones out. but on blacktop i take them off. cleans much better.
  3. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

I haven't ran a set of shoes in years , probably have 10 sets in the corner of the shop.:D

I just find it easier to control the height of the blade as I move along. That plus my driveway is the only stone one I do .:D

4. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

That is stupid. IF you hit a pothole with your shoes and you actually manage to catch them you would just rip them off then no more plow shoes.....big whoop.

If you are plowing paved roads you don.t need shoes anyway.