1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shoes on v-plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by metalman, Dec 10, 2009.

1. metalman

metalman Junior Member
    from ma

I am new to plowing and purchased a fisher V-plow. I was wondering why it does not come with shoes.

2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Because like everything, it's an "accessory". V-plows are one of the few that even come with cutting edges! You might have been able to get those shoes thrown-in on the deal.......too late now by the sounds of it.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You don't need shoes IMO. Weight is one reason, believe it or not. That's why the Fishers don't come with cutting edges. Have to have them on the X and XV though.

4. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm not a fan of shoes myself. However, I sure was glad to have them for this past storm. I think it's only the 2nd time in 3 years I have used them. I saved some lawns thanks to those shoes!

5. metalman

metalman Junior Member
    from ma

Part of the driveway at my shop is gravel and was told that the shoes would help in that area. I was looking at the plow last night and did not see any place to put any. Does anyone have any pics of them on a fisher v-plow. I own a full fab shop and only need to see a good pic of them and I can fab what I need. Any help is greatly appriecated

6. SEMULE

SEMULE Junior Member

Were you able to locate shoes that work with your Extreme V? I plow a large unpaved crushed stone parking lot. I would like to keep the stone in place if possible.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Shoes won't help with crushed stone any better than un-frozen gravel. Crushed stone is the absolute worst. All you can do is hold your blade up as best you can. After you plow it, you can backdrag to smooth it out. Then, sand, prime, and paint. No wait, that's drywall....

You can sand it though.....

8. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

I think you are just better "feeling" the plow. You run it enough you will know just how much (or little) you have to lift it so it will not dig in. Also a pain to get out and take shoes off at every paved driveway/lot you wabt to plow, and then out them back on for the dirt ones...imo

9. metalman

metalman Junior Member
    from ma

I was able to locate the shoes at the local dealer. They are 150 a pair this includes the mounting brackets. After the last storm the ground was frozen and made it a lot easier to plow. I am still new to plowing and still learning.

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Once the ground is frozen, you don't need shoes anyway.