1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shoes for Fisher 7.5' Speedcast Plow

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Timlh, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Timlh

Timlh Junior Member

Hi, Can anyone tell me what the right part number is for the shoes for a Fisher 7.5' speedcast plow. I measured the diameter of the holder tubes on the back of the plow they measure 1.5" the only shoes I can find for fisher plows have 1 5/16" diameter shafts. Maybe they are the right ones just seems like a pretty sloppy fit 3/16" slop? I think its an L series plow from what I can find out on Fisher's website no part# on the plow or plow frame.

Thanks, Tim

2. Rod (NH)

Rod (NH) Member

Check your holder tube diameter again. Are you positive it's 1.5" and you are not measuring an area that has worn oblong? I have both 7.5' and 8' old Fisher Speedcast plows, the 7.5' is vintage 1972 and the 8' vintage 1983. The holder tube diameter is 1-3/8" for both of them. The wear shoe shafts are 1-5/16" diameter for both of them. The 7.5' shoe is 6" in diameter. The 8' shoe is 7" in diameter. According to http://store.discountsnowplowparts.com/SHOES-PARTS-FISHER-SNOW-PLOW.HTM, the Fisher part number for the 6" diameter shoes is A5516.

3. Timlh

Timlh Junior Member

Rod (NH), Thank you. You are correct I should have known better (measure twice cut once) learned this lesson a long time ago and still forget sometimes. Sure enough when I remeasured and took my time to read the ruler correctly the shoe holders do have a 1 3/8" ID.

Thanks, Tim