1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shoes, and stand Q

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by shaneandmissy11, Nov 10, 2008.

1. shaneandmissy11

shaneandmissy11 Junior Member
    from iowa

I bought a 7 year old Pro Poly straight blade last year. Its had a alot things replaced (guy I bought it from must have used it pretty hard)

any way. It worked great all winter, and I never had 1 problem with it. But I didn't get any shoes with it, and never bothered to get any. Is there any reason I need them? The guy I bought it from said he never used em either, and eventually lost them.

Also the kick stand was broke off. he forgot to put it up after he put the plow on his truck, and bent the crap outta it, and finally just removed it. I have been keeping a jack under it, and using the jack to attach it to the truck. Would I better off with the kickstand? Its a unimount.

I plow with a 2000 f150. Is there anything special I shoud do to the truck? Like I said I didn't have any problems last year, but want to make sure I have the same luck this winter. The truck actually seems to do pretty well with the blade on the front.