1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shoeless

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BobC, Feb 5, 2007.

1. BobC

BobC Senior Member

Need opions and experiences running BOSS Vs without shoes.

2. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Works so much better. the only thing is depending on the angle of the blade, whether its vee or scoop or in between, the center puck sometimes leaves a mark. I usually plow a couple times, let the ground freeze up good, then throw the shoes off.

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

The only time I use shoes is on UN-frozen gravel.

After the ground freezes I leave them at home.

source boss's web page;
    • When plowing in dirt or gravel, lower the plow shoes. This will raise the blade so you don't scrape the surface away. When plowing on asphalt or concrete, raise or remove the plow shoes so that you scrape as close to the surface as possible.

4. payton

payton Senior Member

what are these shoes you speak of?

there those things in the corner of my garage rusting and collecting dust i think.

5. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Yup, thats them:nod:
    Tip; If you spray them with fluid film they would still look like new;)

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The shoes are the shoes that raise the blade off the ground just a little bit so when you put the blade down to plow a gravel drive you don't push there driveway in a big pile. It basically keeps you from from going back in the spring and cleaning up the gravel out of a pile and spreading it back on there driveway. It also keeps you from dropping the blade and then trying to lift it up and guessing if it is up high enough so u don't scrape away the gravel. I don't use them because all i plow is pavement and concrete. I don't have any un paved drives.

Ryan

7. payton

payton Senior Member

yeah well i dont have a fluid film dealer locally.. guess i need to find one.. or hell start my own fluid film store.. haha

8. payton

payton Senior Member

yeah ryan . i know i was just jokin

9. GA73

GA73 Member

they make good 12ft boat anchors:drinkup:

10. Northland

Northland Senior Member

They are so useful that Boss doesnt even include them with the new plows anymore. They are an option.

11. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

shoes

their new plow cutting edges hav the snow catcher and curb shoes built in they can replace the older edges then you do not have to have shoes or replace tyhe snow catcher when you rip it off

12. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Even with the new formed edges when you plow unfrozen gravel or loose gravel and with out shoes you will need to lift your blade a little or your going to plow up a pile if gravel.