1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shoe install

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by D.L.Wade, Dec 25, 2010.

1. D.L.Wade

D.L.Wade Junior Member

I have got a 9'2 v-plow and I'm wondering what is the proper way to install the shoes. It did have any on it when I got it and I want to install them properly any help would be great. Thanks

2. SMillerHD

SMillerHD Member
    from IN

Go to Boss web-site and download owners manual, instructions with pics there.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

the washers and spacers are used to keep the cutting edge just a hair above the shoe height when on the ground
    I never use shoes as it scrapes cleaner w/o them

4. zjm

zjm Senior Member

I set mine up so that when cutting edge is on ground the shoes are loose (move freely) so the edge will wear into the shoes. 1 washer up so cutting edge supports plow, not shoes. This way edge wears down into the shoes, then they should start to wear evenly.I think.

5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

They make great paper weights!!

6. SMillerHD

SMillerHD Member
    from IN

lol, couldn't agree more, if you sub-contracted around here you would be getting a talking to...