1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shoe adjustment?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 03mossy, Nov 25, 2007.

1. 03mossy

03mossy Junior Member

in my owners manual its says for paved surfaces to have the shoes level with the plow. will they get in the way for backdragging or is the the correct hieght? 8' pro plow poly
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You'll have better success if you remove them altogether for anything other than gravel. And even then, many guys don't even use them.
  3. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

I second that. Unless a customer is paying for me to have them on, they are useless
  4. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

plow shoes work best as paper weights
  5. 03mossy

03mossy Junior Member

alright i guess a couple more answers like these and they will make great decoy weights! :)
  6. karol

karol Senior Member

Sell them on e-bay if you can.
  7. Snow Fresh

Snow Fresh Junior Member

Thanks for the info Guys!

Thanks for the info Guys!

I was going to actually buy a set, but I guess now I won't! :blush2:
  8. 03mossy

03mossy Junior Member

:nod:i guess i sell ya mine!:nod:
  9. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I add them to the collection of things in the bed of the truck..... otherwise known as ballast. :dizzy:

But B&B brings yet another good point the table. If you plow on gravel, they are great!

But, x2 on the decoy weight thing... good thinkin!
  10. topdj

topdj Senior Member

what if your plowing a dirt road out to your barn?
    I had them set high, I now have them level with the plow will this help prevent it from digging into the grass?
  11. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Nope, put them a lil bit lower than the blade, other wise the blade will dig in and they will just sit in the hole made by the blade. I keep mine about 1/2 inch below my cutting edge until my moms gravel drive freezes, then they come off....
  12. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Just take them off all together.