1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shoddy dealer

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by skylands, Sep 15, 2008.

1. skylands

skylands Junior Member

I bought a new 2500 HD.

They swaped my plow from my old truck (2004 2500 HD) to the new one and I've had it back 3 times because the truck sits to low in the front.

Now this dealer wants 1100 dollars from me to lift the truck so the plow frame doesn't hit the ground.

I can't call Western because there's no phone number to get through to them.

Why does this truck sit so low when the plow is on compared to the 2004 and how can I get the dealer to make good on this issue?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Chevy always had soft springs throw some Timbrems on them.
  3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Did they even touch the t bars? Do u know what there gona do for 1100? Does the truck have plow prep? Is it a deisel? We need more info to try to even begin to help. And like previously said no matter what ur set up is timbrens will help. But give us some more info so we can try to help.
  4. skylands

skylands Junior Member

Truck is diesel, Has plow prep. They told me that they have to re-alighn the front end.

They charged me 700 to do the swap in the first place. But now they are saying the extra work was not covered. I feel they are wrong and need to make good on the job.
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I got to move to the catskillspayup
  6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

On my 06 2500hd they charge me 500 to level it out...then i put some 285's on! The truck sits very nice!
  7. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I was under the impression that you can't even get plow prep on the new diesels.... Anyway, here is what I would do. I would ask them EXACTLY what they plan to do as far as "lifting" the front end and what you are paying 1100 for.... I would be willing to bet they are going to jack the torsion bars up a few turns throw and alignment at it and call it a day... If I were you, I would take the truck home, put an equal amount of turns on each of the torsion bars, go to the local spring shop and buy a set of Timberen's for about $120 and after you install them, go get the truck aligned... You can get out of it for about $200 total... Can we get some pics on how much it sags???
  8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I know a guy that will do adjust the bars and do a four wheel alignment for $100.00. timbrens just went up, but still. Unless they are replacing the torsion bars it seems a little pricey