1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shocks?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by hcr400ex, Nov 19, 2005.

1. hcr400ex

hcr400ex Junior Member

I just bought a 1997 f-250 heavy duty, and I have noticed the ride is VERY harsh. I took a look underneath and the shocks looks very worn out, the truck only has 90k miles but it did have a plow on it when I bought it. I am looking for a new set of shocks, front only, that will ride a little nicer, but still be durable enough for plowing. Does anyone have any recommendations?

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Bilsteins. You can order them through AutoZone. Great shocks.

3. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

I second on the Bilstein's. I just slapped BE52819SD4 BILSTEIN HEAVY DUTY these on the rear two weeks ago.

4. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

The harsh ride in normal if your used to driving a truck with coils up front. You have leafs which are not as forgiving as coils. New shocks will help some but it will still feel rather stiff. My 97 has 190K on it and still going strong