1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snoluvr, Dec 6, 2004.

1. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I have an '03 F-250 supercab with 32,000 miles. Lately the front end is sounding awefully loud over bumps. What do you guys use as replacement shocks? I was going to go with Rancho, but heard they make some heavy duty shocks.any ideas??
  2. demetrios007

demetrios007 Member

I beleive rancho is the shocks used in the FX4 package, but the main support is in the leaf springs, not the struts. make sure its lubed up and the bolts through the leafs are tight, have it looked at by someone if you dont know what to look for. May make noise from dirty seals, kinda squeeking sound. Shouldnt be bad at just 32000. Get a extra leaf or go the add-a-leaf route if you dont already and plow with it. Plow prep was 100 bucks extra from the dealer on my truck, just an extra leaf, X code. Rides rougher than stock springs, but saves the front end alot, I have less than a 1/2" sag with a western 7.5 HD with NO ballast on a crewcab 5.4 2004