1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shocks

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dodgegmc1213, Aug 24, 2013.

1. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

i replaced my shocks 2 years ago with Monroe on my 2500. lately the truck has been rough and bounces a lot. I wanna get new shocks but I want some real good shocks. anybody got preferred brands, what works best?

2. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

3. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Bilstein 5100 imo is the best, they are money but you get what you pay for. I think i paid 170 for the front two but made all the difference.

4. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I replaced my Ranchos with KYB and great results so far. 160$ for the front pair.

5. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

X 3 Billstien 5100s the best.

6. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Bilstein.

truckspring generally has free shipping.

7. dodgegmc1213

Well I guess a lot of ppl love bilstein, see a lot of good reviews about them also. Guess I found my new shocks. Thanks guys

8. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

I've run the Bilstein 5100s on my last few Dodge CTDs and they do work well but will rust to an ugly mess almost immediately ... too bad Bilstein couldn't or won't put a decent finish on these shocks.

9. dodgegmc1213

mopard, how do you like the HBS leveling kit? was it easy to install?

10. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Mines been on for two years and look like new. Aren't they stainless ?

11. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

The spacers work well for me ... I just need to level the truck for more ground clearance plowing ... perfect. Install is not bad really ... there are some good write-ups kicking around the net that will likely help.
    The 5100s are definitely not stainless ... they have a cheap zinc coating that gets blasted off almost immediately if you live in an area where it snows and they use sand/salt to combat ice.

12. dodgegmc1213

im looking to add a leveling kit for the tires and rims I wanna get next summer. there not a bad price neither.