1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jt5019, Sep 3, 2003.

1. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I need to replace all the shocks on my 90 f250 4x4 before winter.I was wondering what would be a decent shock to get that can handle the weight of a plow and western tailgate spreader.I dont want to get some crazy rancho shocks because i intend of replacing this truck sometime next summer.Any help or websites to purchase online would be great. thanks
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Any good HD gas charged truck shock will do the job.

Don't waste your money on the high end stuff like Monroe Sensa-Trac,or Reflex shocks,they are garbage.The regular Monroe blue.or yellow stuff work better,and is half the price.

Probably better just to buy them at the parts store.That way you don't get hosed on shipping,and easy to go back if you have a problem,like missing hardware (common problem),or wrong parts.