1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shocks Timben and a Plow Question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chcav1218, Jul 31, 2008.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Okay, my first question is about shocks. My truck needs new shocks so I figure I should get some pretty good ones to accomidate the plow. Any suggestions? I also hear the Timbren makes suspension kits that are really good for plows. I also have a question about mounting my MM 1. I've never mounted it alone before and I know it takes a lot longer than "One Minute" to do it. Does anyone have any adive on how to speed it up?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Edlebrocks or Bilsteins work great on the GM trucks such as yours. Not inexpensive, but you get what you pay for.

Your 8 ft Fisher isn't too terribly heavy so Installing a set of Timbrens on the front and giving the torsion bars a couple of turns...along with a fresh set of shocks and you'll be all set.

Don't forget the ballast too of course. :)

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

thats exactly what i was gonna say. :D