1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shocks help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by butch74, Oct 27, 2001.

1. butch74

butch74 Junior Member

I orderd the Muscle LSE's to go on a F-150 with Meyer plow, now looking for shocks that would also help w/ sag and overall steering perfomance. Trying to do it right before I get started. Should I look for a HD shock if so, brand and name. Thanks again to the "vets" for taking the time to help us new guys get started.

2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Shocks

Rancho RS-9000. Adjust 'em all the way up to level 5 with your plow on. Turn 'em back down to whatever your favorite setting for just driving around town. Level 5 is awful stiff.:cool:

3. Cwlo1448

Cwlo1448 Junior Member
    from Chicago

If you get the Rancho's, adjust the shoks up in steps, or talk to someone that has used them on your truck, as there is always a risk of putting too much pressure on the shock mounts, and having something break.

4. Shady Brook

Shady Brook Member
    from Indiana

Just got some Monroe Muscle's, and some Bilstein shocks, and like them both very much.

Jay

5. HYDROCLEAN

HYDROCLEAN Junior Member

I picked up four monroe reflex, along with heaver springs I am very happy with the results.