1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shocks for an '03 F-350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by amscapes03, Nov 25, 2007.

1. amscapes03

amscapes03 Member

hey guys.....just wondering what the normal replacement time is for shocks. do you go by age or mileage? i have an '03 F-350 with 57,000 miles on it. it is a work truck (construction) during the hardscape season, and it's going on it's third season of plowing. it seems to ride fine, but you know how it is when you drive a truck day in and day out. you seem to get use to less than perfect handling without even noticing. if i do replace them......any recommendations?
  2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I replace mine every 2 years that seams to be about as long as they last on my superduty. I have run procomps on my last 2 sets and rancos before that. I liked both. Bilsteins are a great shock also. Little pricey but worth it. All the company trucks that my buddy has run bilsteins. All ford superdutys and they ride well and seam to hold up well to.
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

they will usually last about 40-45 thousand miles standard driving . or when they leak or the performance goe's away i like the monroe reflex gas shock's
  4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I have a set of stock shocks off my 2004 F350 that had 9000 ( really on 9K ) miles on it before we put a lift on, if your interested, make me an offer for them and their yours, good replacements.
  5. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I have never bought a shock in my life. I don't think a 3/4 or one ton truck needs them.,
  6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Your probably right, oh well, I have them if anyone needs them