1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shocks for a '99 F350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by drobson, Mar 21, 2003.

1. drobson

drobson Senior Member

I'm looking to replace the shocks on my F350 and am wondering if anyone has any ideas of what I should use and what I should stay away from. So far I have found most people saying to stay away from Gabriel and that Monroe is better, but have not heard anything about Rancho or Trailmaster, or others.

I have standard height truck with 5700lb front springs. I don't want anything fancy, but I do want it to handle plowing. I have an 8' fisher MM II.

I already did a search, but didn't find much useful info on the different brands.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

You might want to check out www.thedieselstop.com. You'll find opinions on almost all the shocks you can use for your truck there. My personal preference is rancho but I have also heard good things about edelbrock. Good luck.

3. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Dan,

I have Rancho 9000X's and love them. You will really realize how crappy the stock shocks are when you replace them. The 9000X's are adjustable and really help when plowing, hauling or towing.

Greg

4. drobson

drobson Senior Member

Thanks Greg,

Do you have the same front and back?

JD, thanks for the tip, I'm going to check out dieselstop and see what I can find...

5. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Dan,

Yes I do. Unloaded, I set them to 5 in front and and 3 in back. With the plow and ballast on, they get cranked up to 9. When towing or hauling, I leave the fronts at 5 and the rears at 9.

Greg

6. SZAM

SZAM Junior Member

I have Billstein shocks on my 99 and 02 Powerstroke and love them no problems in over 15,000 miles on them no rust at all look like the day they came out of the box , that I can not say about Rancho