1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shocked dodge owner

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ohiododge, Nov 1, 2011.

1. ohiododge

ohiododge Junior Member
    from Ohio

:realmad:Can someone tell me about plowing with a 06 dodge 2500 CTD. I have been told you can't put a plow on this truck. Too heavy in front from engine. Now that being said. Looking at a snoway 29r or a blizzard speedwing. Both weigh roughly 800 or so pounds. Bought truck to plow and was rather upset with the idea of no plow.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

They are blowing smoke up your butt, Problem is the diesel in your truck weighs alot compaired to the gas trucks, It also matters if its a reg cab or an extended cab. they lower the weight they say you can carry on the front of the truck.

Either way you wont have a problem putting a plow on it, I would put no smaller then an 8 foot straight blade on it. The truck will handle it fine. You just have to find a dealer who wont bust your balls and doesnt really care what the weight rating on the vehicle is.
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I have an 8' Fisher on mine. No factory plow prep. Does just fine.

Throw in 800#s of ballast behind the axle and go.
  4. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

My main truck for the past 3 years is a 2006 ram 2500 ctd, 10 foot blade and it plows and plows and plows
  5. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

No problems with mine and been using it for two years with a wideout
  6. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

They just want to cover there butt with the front axle gvwr. You will be fine as long as you dont go suing your plow dealer for your ball joints going bad for example. :laughing:

7. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I knew when I bought my truck that I couldn't have a dealer install the plow I wanted on it...

Why not just put it on yourself?
  8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You can put the Snoway on it, it's just the Mega that is diesel restricted and the 29R weighs 707lbs.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

If you can afford it I would go with a V plow. The Cummins will push much more snow than any straight blade can carry.... Cummins engines are like pigs noses!! You can't wear them out!!!

Have a Mega V on mine and smile evey time I leave the shop to plow. NTM remove the silencer ring if you want to hear the turbo spoolin up.

Congrats you have a great year!!! I think the 06 pre 6.7 07's are some of the best combinations Dodge ever put out.
  10. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

where you from? i have a dodge diesel with a plow its been just fine truck dont sag one bit
  11. EME 411

EME 411 Junior Member

No problem, Timbrens on the front, no ballast.

DSC00008 - Copy.jpg
  12. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

Congrats on buying one of the best snow pushers made!!!! Put a V blade on the front of that thing and call it a day.
  13. bigthom

bigthom Senior Member

I got a fisher 8'6" extreme v with wings back drag edge and top flap... not only does it drive fine but it still clears 35s
  14. ohiododge

ohiododge Junior Member
    from Ohio

Marion,Ohio. Still no plow. Do to lack of snow and lack of dealer to install one. Any help? I see your from Ohio.
  15. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

You need to go to another dealer. There really shouldn't be an issue installing a decent plow on your truck.
  16. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

your 2.5 hrs away from me im in cleveland, why dont you just put the plow on yourself?
  17. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Buy the plow and bring it to a truck repair shop. They will install it. Fisher dealers and such cant do it. They have to follow guidlines. Installing a plow is not that tough. Hardest part is removing bumper