1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shock time.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mikelawtown, Feb 21, 2011.

1. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Just curious what you guys have put on your trucks, i have a 2002 2500 ex cab and want to do shocks this spring but after a bud bought some monroe at advanced for his tahoe his truck lowered 1 inch, i want a decent shock that doesnt mess up my ride height.

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

Bilstien shocks

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Bilstien 5100 shocks

4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I like my KYB Monomax shocks. Got them because they were advertised as being heavy duty, for plow trucks. No complaints at all.

I replaced the Bilsteins on my wifes 1500 with Pro Comps, because the Bilsteins are just too pricy. Not crazy about the ride now, very stiff.

5. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

yea i dont want it to ride stiff, i just want a shock thats as good as when the truck was new.

6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Bilstien or Edelbrock

7. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

Put kyb monomax shocks on all 4 corners of mine last fall. Absolutely no complaints. Bought at Car parts wholesale.com. Cheaper than bilsteins.

8. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

All comes down to personal preference, I like the Edlebrock IAS, eliminates body roll on corners and wheel hop and rides really nice.