1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shock suggestions?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by meborder, Jul 27, 2012.

1. meborder

meborder Senior Member

I'm looking for some shock suggestions for my plow truck.

it is an 83 K20, 8800lbs GVW and does not have the quad shocks up front.

It is a dedicated plow and pasutre rig and sees the road only on the very rare occasion, so ride quailty does not weigh heavily in my decision.

my only concerns are to be able to control wheel hop when plowing, and something that will not bend or break when 'wheeling out in the pasture.

i've been eyeballing the Monroe Gas Magnum shocks because they are a little more stout than thier standard line of shock, but i'm wondering if a monotube might be a better choice to help control wheel hop.

I'd like to keep the cost reasonable as well, i'm not goign to get too excited about a shock that costs much more than about 40 each....

just wondering what you guys think.

thanks in advance!
    Mike

2. meborder

meborder Senior Member

wow ...

almost 130 people who either don't know or don't care.... must be a record somewhere.

so, i've decided on the Gas Magnums for the rear because i can get them for about $30/ea. should be a good hard working shock.

Considering the SensaTrac Load leveling shocks up front. should help control the front end squat under the plow. it is not a particularly heavy plow, but i can see where it has hit the bumpstops, so it must be heavy enough.

anyone have load leveling shocks in the front? kinda worried about how hard it will ride without the plow. will probably lift the front a bit too, but that's fine.

see if i can get 130 more people who dont know or dont care?