1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shock Recommendation

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Deere John, Apr 16, 2001.

1. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

I have a 2000 (old style) Chev 3/4ton diesel that I want to upgrade the shocks on. I'm interested in your recommendation on a shock brand/model for improving the ride control. I don't want to make the ride stiffer, because there is plenty of stiff already.

Alternately:
    I moved up from a Z-71 diesel, and I really liked the Z-71 shock package on that truck. For the experts out there, will the 1/2ton Z-71 shocks fit the 3/4ton?

Thanks in advance.

2. Jeff's Classics

Jeff's Classics Member

I put some Monroe Reflex Truck shocks on my '76 Suburban. WOW, they are great!
    Improved the ride, it's much smoother.
    Improved the braking by reducing the nose-dive of the front end.
    Improved the handling by reducing body roll and bump-steer.
    Can't say enough about these shocks. They were about $35 each at O-Reilly Auto Parts.
    Jeff
    http://www.jeffsclassics.com

3. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping Junior Member

Rancho

Our old truck's shocks started to get bad so we put Rancho RS 5000's on them. Rancho has many choices. You can also get air shocks.