1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shock obsorber on standard duty plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MO TOYS, Sep 19, 2006.

1. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

i just recieved my shock obsorber for my standard duty it said to remove the middle trip spring i did not know this when i ordered it i am a little upset about it i dont want the blade to be tripping all the time anyont have any experience with this?

2. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

no replys????

3. Rbronkema psfd

Rbronkema psfd Member

Hey just looking at my boss snow plow, and I think I might be able to help you. 1 is the plow a super duty or standard. I am looking at my plow and there is 2 springs on one side of the middle rib and one in the other. You should be able to mount the shock no problem, without taking ff one of the springs. If I can get some pics that would help too. Go to bossplows.com and look at there straight blades you will see what I am talking about. let me know what you come up with

Ryan

4. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

I have a standard duty it came with three trip springs and no shock so i ordered the shock but in order to install it i have to take the center trip spring out completely and replace it with the shock leaving only two trip springs will this make my plow trip alot?

5. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

6. Favatts

Favatts Member
    from CNY

You do not need to remove the middle trip spring. If you look at your picture "truck front side" you can see the bracket on the bottom and the hole to mount the 2 ears on the top. The Boss shock absorber kit should have come with 2 ears that mount in the hole on the top of the center rib, making no reason to remove that trip spring.
    Favatts

7. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

i guess i should have tried to install it before i paniced sorry i just got done installing it and you were right i did not have to remove it thanks though for the help.

8. Favatts

Favatts Member
    from CNY

I don't want to disappoint you, I did the same thing you did. I installed the shock absorber on a standard duty plow I had. Everyone told me that it would not make a difference, but I had to try it for myself. They were right. I did not noticed a difference at all. But then you wonder that they must do something or they would not put them on the super duty plows.
    Favatts

9. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Shock removal?

I put the shock on my Standard Duty plow last Season and never had to take the spring off.About a 5 minute job and works well-no more slamming of the blade when it trips.Well worth the $50.

10. 345HEMI

345HEMI Junior Member

i also purchased the shock. i thought i worked well. just like said above, works great, and slows down the trip. i thought it was worth it